Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday 31 July 2011

blackberry and apple crumble

Well this week has gone so quick. On friday we went to the park with my friend and her son. The boys spent the whole time running around screaming it was nice to see them so happy. Well on the way Home we went through the dog park and pick some blackberrys lots and lots of them and on the way home i got some apples. 
So I made blackberry and apple crumble
This is how my mum stewed her fruit (Oh bear with me this is the first time i tryed to write what i did.)
blackberrys
6 apples
1/2 cup brown sugar
water
for crumble i did
150g flour
75g butter/marg
25g sugar
50g porridge oats


Ok here goes



First I washed the blackberrys. I left them to soak while I pealed and sliced the apples. then I placed the apples and blackberrys into a large sauce pan with 1/2 cup of sugar and water. I put a bit much water iIcovered the friut and put on the heat and brought to the boil. then turned down to simmer till the the apples was soft when they were soft I tested the sweetness mine was a bit bitter so I added  a little more sugar and it was just right.  







next i made the crumble   (I got the recipe from netmums recipe it really easy to follow)
I placed all the ingredents into a bowl and rubbed together till they resembled bread crumbs





then i tranfered the fruit into an oven dish. (I had to strain most of the water out as I used to much.)

sprinkle your crumble mix over the top then i lleft till i was ready to cook
I placed in the oven at 200 C /gas mark 6 for 20 minute or untill it turns golden brown
then dish up and serve we had it with custurd it was very yummy i also made a apple crumlbe as my OH doe'snt like blackberrys. Strange man lol.
 i would of taken a picture but they ate it before i had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment